Monday, January 14, 2008

..........

So I went to visit my brother yesterday. He and his wife just had two more babies making their grand total now six. I must say my new nephews are absolutely adorable. It's difficult not to be adorable with their parents being who they are. The twins have very distinct personalities already too and they're only a month old. The way I see it, one of them is very mellow and relaxed as long as he isn't poopy, wet, or hungry. The other one seems to need to be aware of everything that's going on around him. He seems to want to be with everyone else like he's eager to learn as much as he can about whats happening. They're still smaller than my daughter was when she was born! Which is good because Shaunae was carrying twelve pounds of baby as it was!

I realized something as I was driving down to visit my brother and his family. I don't think I let them know nearly enough how much I love them. I almost started crying as soon as I walked in the house because I was so relieved that I could go there and just play with my family. Even though they aren't family by blood or even legally family, Mike is still my brother and Shaunae is still my sister-in-law and those kids are still my niece and nephews. I was so happy when I walked in that my little niece was excited to see me. Sometimes she's not so happy when I walk in. But yesterday she yelled my name and jumped at me demanding a hug. That almost brought me to tears too. My oldest nephew did the same thing. He saw that I was there, did a double take, and gave me the biggest hug he could manage. The whole time, I felt like my heart was just going to burst. I don't know why I've become such a blubbering idiot recently but my love for that family was really overwhelming.

Mike is incredible and I'm so lucky he's part of my family. He has done so many incredible things for me. He is always willing to give me a blessing any time I need it and I've needed it a few times. He's very accepting of everything I've been through. His only qualms with anything I do is when I bring pictures of my daughter to his house. He thinks like my dad and believes I should just drop it where it is and never bring them out again. I'm not as trapped in that past as he thinks I am. I go through most of my days without thinking about my daughter though this blog would probably testify otherwise. I know she's where she needs to be and I'm glad that she's happy. I just like showing her off. It's all that I have. Maybe I shouldn't. I don't know. Opinions are welcome if you wish to give them.

On a side note, yesterday was a wonderful day for me. I'm betting that next Sunday will be even better. I finally stayed for all three hours of church because I wanted to and not because someone was twisting my arm to stay. I conducted the sacrament meeting music which was a lot of fun. It's been a while since I've done that and I was soooooo nervous...but I pulled it off with a reasonably fair performance! ;) I will probably also end up playing the piano for the branch choir which has me a little nervous. I'm much more confident in my abilities but I'm still very self conscious and aware of my short comings. I'm also going to plan a trip to the Salt Lake Temple to do baptisms if anyone wants to join me...and my branch president wants me to think about going through the temple. Not sure if I really wanna go there yet but we'll see.

My application is in for the U. I'm so much happier than I've been in a long time. Life is genuinely good.......and I can see it! What's more.......I absolutely love it. I will try and be more positive as time goes by. Negative is wearing on everyone and I'm sorry.

No comments: