Friday, January 4, 2008

Hmmm.....

I don't know how many people will actually end up reading this but I figured it would work well as a way to keep my thoughts organized and to keep people updated on what's going on. Stephane, my older brother, has one and it took me like a year to jump on that bandwagon for a very specific reason. I guess I can start by describing myself a little at the present situation.

Anyone reading this will know a little of my history. I am the second of six kids or the third of seven with one older foster brother...however you wanna look at it. I'm 22 but I don't feel like it. I have a little sister and three younger brothers that I can't really call little brothers anymore since they're all taller than me. I still have issues getting along with some of them but it helps that I live in SLC and they are in Fort Worth, TX. It's true what they say. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Life has been anything but normal for me and I guess you could dispute that too by asking for a definition of normal. My family has moved a lot. The biggest moves in my opinion happened in my teenage years. We spent time in Haiti and then Bosnia. That was interesting let me tell ya. Going through it, I would tell my parents that I was going to hate them forever. Looking back on it now, I wouldn't change the experiences I had for anything. The things I saw made me who I am today and I happen to like who I am which any of my family will tell you is a big deal.

I've also been through my own personal hell/gethsemane for the past three years. I've been doing well though. I have reached a benchmark recently that I nearly didn't make so I'm proud of myself. Again, I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything partially because of who else was involved with it and partially because it made me the woman that I am today.

I have a lot of interests in a lot of different things but feel like I'm outshined all the time. I love writing. It is at present one of my only outlets. I enjoy playing the piano but have been discouraged since being home and seeing how talented my younger brother is without having any kind of training. I've had a year and have been playing for seven years and he is a million times better than me. I also like to sing. I was in choir throughout high school when we were living in a place to attend a high school. That is also a little of a sore spot for me as this same brother is once again far superior to me. My parents have paid for a lot of the things that I never had an option to participate in even though I asked a few times. I like to cook and this is the one thing I can say that I honestly do better than most of the rest of my siblings. I think that they just don't like taking the time otherwise we'd all share that talent too.

I know that all sounds very depressing and most of it is. It's difficult for me to focus on my own abilities when I'm so far outdone by my brother. He's younger than me too!!! That's all I'll say on that for now.

I'm in the middle of writing a book that one of my other brothers, my sister, and my nephew have all previewed and love. They have told me numerous times that if I don't finish it, I will be in big trouble. So I'm working on that at work right now.

I work for a pharmaceutical analysis company about two minutes, literally, from where I live. I am the receptionist and more often than not, I don't have anything to do during the day so I write. They're totally okay with it too. When I get into school in the summer, they said that I could do my schoolwork here too. So I'm excited about that.

So yeah. That's me in a very abbreviated nutshell. I love my family with all my heart. We've been through a lot throughout our lives and I totally and completely count on them for a lot of my sanity. I am happy in SLC living my own life and discovering who I am and where I fit in this world. I'll keep updating as I remember too. ;)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Katia, I'm so happy you have a blog and I can keep more up to date on what you are doing!! I'm glad you found another job. I barely missed seeing you in Texas I guess. I'm glad you are doing well and I hope to see you soon!! Much love my dear.

Becca said...

glad that you have a blog...i have one too! i've had one for a while. my blog address is beccaproper.blogspot.com and mike has one too check out his link on my site.

you do write well. you say a lot in not so many words.

Becca said...

oh what's stephane's blog address?