Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wow...

I didn't think that I would keep up with this as much as I have been. Writing comes so naturally to me that anytime I sit in front of a computer, that's what I want to do. It's also cool to have people come up to me and ask me if I'm really typing that fast. :)

So the thing in court is over. I gave a run-down of what happened yesterday. Today, I'm doing completely alright. I got a lot of texts from people that I asked to keep me in their prayers saying that they were excited that things had gone so well. I also got a call from my brother asking if there was anything he could be doing for me right now. His wife just had twins and he was checking and making sure I didn't need anything. I said my family is my sanity for a reason. I'm hoping to make it down to see them no later than this weekend.

I truly have been blessed with the people in my life. I don't think I could say that enough. It may seem odd and a waste of time but I call my mom everyday. I call her on my lunch now since my commute to work has dropped from thirteen minutes to two and a half on a bad day. I talked to my sister the night before I had to go to court and she just kept telling me that I needed to get angry and harness that anger so I wouldn't be afraid. I tell one of my little brothers almost everything. He is my secret keeper and he's really dang good at it too. He is who I go to when I need someone to listen to me because he has no qualms about saying what he's thinking. He's actually pretty sensitive about it for a sixteen year old and he always says encouraging things. My dad is awesome too. I called him the night before the hearing too and he gave me a run-down of what he thought may happen and told me to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. There is no doubt in my mind that my family loves me. I've done some pretty stupid things and they are still there to support me. They don't come any better than that!

I have some really awesome friends too. The older brother that called me is actually my foster brother but he's part of our family just the same. I kind of became part of his family, or I felt like it anyway, when I was living with his sister. She's such a cool person. We didn't always get along and we don't really talk a whole lot anymore but she is still an incredible person. She has so much energy it's infectious. She has seen more transformation in me than I thought anyone would ever see. She is also, not that it's a bad thing at all, my biggest critic next to myself. She sees the good things I do but pushes me to improve on the things that I need to improve. She's just awesome in general.

It may sound pathetic but I really don't have many friends. I have a lot of acquaintances but not many real friends. They all either got married or something similar and I was kind of left behind. Not that that is bad either. It's just kind of sad. I'm by myself essentially. Anyway. That's my blog for today.

No comments: